duminică, 18 octombrie 2015

Chatting with Cristina Madeira

For the 3rd year consecutivly in Romania, the City Grill group spoiled his clients with concerts of fado music, sustained by the famous Cristina Madeira and his band.
After an experience of 3 years in Romania, I’ve thought maybe it is interesting to have a word directly with Cristina Madeira.



Q: - It is the 3rd year of concerts in restaurants of group City Grill. How do you feel the Romanian audience? It is the audience opens to fado?
A: - Always, and about the Romanian audience I think there's some connection about them and Fado. The letters. The music. The histories. All connected. We could almost comunicate but in a diferent language, and they can feel what I feel when I start singing. And after 3 years, I can also see the same persons that I saw in the first time, and that makes me happy and realised. About City Grill, the owners and the employees are awesome persons and I love to work with them, they're like a family to me!

Q: - This year you had concerts in Brasil, too. In which way the experience from Brasil has been influenced you?
A: - Was the 3rd time that I had been in Brazil. The experience was great and influenced me a lot because it's always good for a singer to travel around the world and see diferent things, and to see persons with diferent reactions about Fado. Was a great experience.

Q: - Can you tell us few words about your 1st impression in Romania?
A: - Cold. Dry. But with a lot of sun, and I didn't expect that.  It's a country with a great weather, because I always thought that there was always raining or snowing. And after my arrival I couldn't avoid throwing snow to my band mates.

Q: - Do you think there are some similarities between fado and Romanian ‘doina’?
A: - I always thought folk song type great. I do some research and I found some informations about 'doina'. And in that research I found that there are a vast number of 'doina' variants in Romania. About the similarities, we have one artist named Rao Kyao that plays flute and it works with Fado and it's a good combination. So probably we could join the variants of 'doina' into Fado, and I have no doubts that would be something amazing.

Q: - What do you like more in Bucharest?
A: - Bucharest. The midnight walks after concerts, the restaurants, the food, the monuments, and I could feel that I was at home.

Q: - Have you tried typical Romanian food? What do you like it most?
A: - I tried some typical Romanian dishes. But the dishes that I loved more was Grilled Meat Rolls, Smoked Pork with Beans Sauce, Soup in Bread, Skewer Platter.

Q: - How the concerts in Bucharest have an impact in your career?
A: - It's always important to travel around the world, but it's all about feelings. In Bucharest I felt like I was in Lisbon, I felt like Bucharest was my Hometown. It's not all about what you're going to do in that Country, it's all about what you feel when you have a big family waiting you there, to see you, to ear you,  and to keep your dreams alive.

Q: - Romanian audience has encouraged you? At the beginning did you feel good in front of Romanian audience?
A: - It was a good sensation in the 1st time and also the 2nd and 3rd year, but the 1st time I was nervous because I din't know what to expect from the audience and I didn't knew if they would like or not. The feeling was like when you have a first date, but instead of being with one person, you have it with an entire city. But I felt good and they show me that I can be confortable, what is good for the first time you went in a City that doesn't know you.

Q: - When you’ll come back in Romania?
A: - I think the next time will be around October or December of this year, but if not probably next year in January.

Q: - What are the future plans for your career?

A: - My future plans are sing, be with my family and watch my son's growing, travel around the world and take Fado with me,  do some new projects and feel realised with my life. Being happy, to keep a smile in my face.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu